Very worried wondering which way I should turn
Inside a world with unfamiliar things
Running in circles
Underestimating everything while waiting for the
Sound of someone shouting "Hey! You're Okay....."
Help Support me and Niji no Niji! by Reading or becoming a fan Here (must be registered to become a fan!) :www.mangamagazine.net/manga-an…
Art/Characters: © =~ Niraki
Poem Words: © =~ Niraki
Niji no Niji!: © =~ Niraki
Paint Program; One Motion - Sketch & Paint: © =~ Tomas Eriksson
[Home] [Poetry] [Five Line Poems] [Acrostic Poems] [Haiku] [Limericks] [English Sonnet]
© Contributed by Leanne Guenther
[Introduction] [Printable Worksheets] [Example]
An acrostic poem is a very fun poem for kids. Each acrostic poem has a topic idea running down the left side of the poem. Each letter in the topic word has a new thought that runs off the side from left to right and is relevant to the topic word. The topic word is typically the title as well.
If you were writing an acrostic poem with the topic word "pumpkin" the title would be pumpkin and each line of the poem would start with one of the letters in the word pumpkin.
by Kaitlyn Guenther
|P||iles of candy|
|U||nder the bed|
|M||ake for a delicious snack|
|I||t’s been Halloween because|
|N||o one is without candy|
- Worksheet 1: Information about acrostic poems and space to write your own acrostic poem.
- Worksheet 2: Themed acrostic poem worksheets. The poem is started for you.
- Christmas themed acrostic poetry: Santa or Star
- Easter themed acrostic poetry: Easter
- Fall themed acrostic poetry: Fall
- Halloween themed acrostic poetry: Monsters, Pumpkin and Trick or Treat
- Spring themed acrostic poetry: Spring
- Thanksgiving themed acrostic poetry: Turkey
- Valentines themed acrostic poetry: Love