Hi guys, I got my results today and I was saddened with my overall Geography result. I am doing AQA Geography A and In my coursework I got 46/60 which equated to 79/100 ums. Overall I got 351/400 in Geography and I only need 9 ums to get 360/400 which equals and A*.
Now, my teacher graded my coursework at 58/60 and if my grade stood at that, I would get an A*. Sadly, it went down by 12 raw marks. I filled each and every criteria to get the highest grade in each section and I have no idea why the grade went down. Should I request a re-mark for my coursework? Any help and advice would help me a lot and thanks for reading and helping me.
Try and request a re-mark! This year the marked the our GCSE's really harsh so your mark might just go up I know quite a few people who didn't get the mark they wanted and are going to try getting their coursework re-marked as well. Its worth a try
I would ask what happened to the rest of the courseworks in your centre as if they'd all gone down by similar marks, then it was your teacher being to generous. Many people think they have got certain things, when they haven't and teachers seem to be getting more lenient with giving marks and coursework moderators are getting more and more annoyed, I'm a geography Coursework and Fieldwork & Skill Advisor for AQA. Also it will be internally moderated, it may have changed then.
Simks, not all GCSEs were marked harshly, it is based on the ability of the people doing the course.
The final date for submitting your marks and samples of work is 15 May 2016. By this date you must have:
- submitted your controlled assessment marks to Edexcel, and
- sent your sample to the moderator.
How do I submit the marks?
By 15 May, you must have submitted your coursework/controlled assessment marks to Edexcel via Edexcel online, and have sent your sample (visible on Edexcel online from mid-April) to the moderator. Your moderator’s name and address will be available on Edexcel online from mid-April.
If you have already submitted a mark but it needs to be amended (for example, because of an administrative error), please email EMgeography@pearson.com with details of the amended point score.
How do I identify the sample of work that needs to be sent to the moderator?
You can check Edexcel online (from mid-April) to identify which work needs to be sent for moderation - there will be a tick next to the candidates' names. Here's how:
- Go to Edexcel online and enter your centre number.
- Choose GCSE in the drop-down menu on the left.
- Choose 'Candidates' - 'Search by course'.
- Select the session from the central drop down menu 'June 2014'.
- You should see a box pop up with all the units entered with Edxecel for entire school.
- Click on the link 'Papers' for the unit you are interested in (for example, 5GA04 or 5GB04).
- Click on the link that says 'Coursework Marks' (there is also a link that says 'Moderator details' - this is where you find out who to send the sample of candidates work to).
- You will see a list of your candidates and should enter their marks here.
- You will also see a column entitled 'Included in Sample'. If there is a tick in this column then you will need to send us this candidate's work.
You also need to send the work of the highest- and lowest-scoring candidates if they are not part of the requested sample.
Who is my moderator?
You can also check your moderator's name and address (from mid-April) on Edexcel online following the steps above.
Where is the individual candidate controlled assessment record/mark/cover sheet?
You’ll need to download, print and complete a controlled assessment record sheet of these for each candidate, and ensure it's signed by both teacher and candidate.